Using the very same high quality Japanese Low Resin 40t Carbon and with full 1k weave, the H-‘S’ Spod rods and SPMs exactly match the build of the carp rods. As Free Spirit use the same material the blanks are kept as slim and as light as possible but still with plenty of action to aid the casting of even the smallest spod’s and other baiting devices.
Having a very low resin content means there is no perceptible softening of the blanks – very important to preserve the performance of these rods since they are cast repeatedly with heavy loads.
As with all Free Spirit rods they are built on the spine which helps ensure they cast more accurately and last longer.
The Hi-‘S’ SPM rod has as the name suggests been designed specifically for the Spomb.
The softer tip on this rod will turn the Spomb more quickly and smoothly, making it more accurate at shorter ranges with the Medium Spomb (product code 13698) particularly whilst maintaining the power needed to bait at range.
For the Free Spirit Hi-‘S’ Black Edition SPM Rod (TB Special) 13ft (50mm) see product code 23141.
- Ultra slim, extra high modulus, 40T low resin carbon blank.
- Perdurable blank finish.
- Blank weight 304g.
- Built rod weight 434g.
- Abbreviated Handle.
- Hi-S Clone seat with a 1k weave.
- Blue isotope.
- Stainless steel collars.
- Shrink rubber/EVA hybrid butt grip.
- Stainless Free Spirit pointed butt cap.
- 1ft & 2ft depth markers.
- Free Spirit S-Lite Gunsmoke 3-leg rings.
- Ring sizes (mm): 50, 40, 30, 20, 16 and RSLT 16mm tip guide.
- Metallic blue tipping in front of the reel seat and butt grip.
- Supplied in a rod sleeve.
- This rod can be customised to your requirements in our in store Rod Building Workshop – Please contact us for details.
rods spod spomb his hi s hi-s