Where Can I Buy a Rod Fishing Licence for England and Wales?
Are you an avid angler looking to cast your line in the beautiful waters of England and Wales? Before you embark on your fishing adventure, it’s important to secure the necessary permits.
Gone are the days of standing in long queues or dealing with paperwork. With the convenience of modern technology, you can now purchase your rod fishing licence from the comfort of your own home. The online platform offers a streamlined experience, allowing you to obtain a licence hassle-free. So, let’s dive into the steps required to secure your permit and hit the waters!
Choosing the Right Licence
When it comes to rod fishing licences, you have three options: 1-day, 8-day, or 12-month. Each licence type grants you the permission to fish for specific categories, including trout, coarse fish, salmon, and sea trout. The fees associated with these licences vary based on the duration and type, as outlined below:
- Trout and coarse up to 2-rod: £6.60
- Trout and coarse 3-rod: Not available
- Salmon and sea trout: £12.60
- Trout and coarse up to 2-rod: £13.20
- Trout and coarse 3-rod: Not available
- Salmon and sea trout: £28.30
- Trout and coarse up to 2-rod: £33
- Trout and coarse 3-rod: £49.50
- Salmon and sea trout: £86.10
Eligibility for a Disabled Licence
If you have a disability, you may be eligible for a 12-month disabled licence. To qualify, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Possession of a Blue Badge
- Receipt of Personal Independence Payment (any rate)
- Receipt of Disability Living Allowance
When applying for a 12-month disabled licence, remember to provide your Blue Badge or National Insurance number. If you’re under 16, provide your child reference number instead.
To buy your rod fishing licence online, follow these simple steps:
- Ensure you have a valid debit or credit card for payment.
- Visit the official website of the licensing authority.
- Navigate to the fishing licence section and select the appropriate licence type (1-day, 8-day, or 12-month).
- Fill in the necessary details, including personal information and any additional information required for a disabled licence or when purchasing on behalf of someone else.
- Verify the accuracy of the information provided.
- Proceed to the payment page and securely enter your card details.
- Complete the transaction.
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully obtained your rod fishing licence.
While purchasing your licence online is the most convenient method, there are alternative ways to acquire one:
- Telephone Purchase
If you prefer to buy your licence over the phone, you can contact the Environment Agency at 0344 800 5386. The sales and extensions team is available from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (excluding public holidays). Please note that call charges may apply.
- Junior Licences
If you’re applying for a junior licence (ages 13 to 16), you can either apply online or call the Environment Agency at the same telephone number mentioned above.
What happens if you encounter any issues or have specific queries after purchasing your licence? Here are a few helpful steps to follow:
- Non-Receipt of 12-month Licence
In the event that you do not receive your 12-month licence within 15 working days, don’t worry. Simply contact the Environment Agency for assistance. You can reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03708 506 506 from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. For information about call charges, kindly refer to their website.
- Licence Extension
Should you wish to upgrade your 1-day or 8-day licence to a 12-month licence, contact the Environment Agency within 14 days of your initial purchase. While you’ll need to buy a new licence, you’ll receive a refund for the first one you bought. To initiate the process, call the sales and extensions team at 0344 800 5386, available Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (excluding public holidays).
- Licence Replacement or Details Update
If you have any queries about your licence or need to replace it due to loss or update your personal information (such as a change of name or address), reach out to the Environment Agency. Contact them via email at email@example.com or call 03708 506 506 from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Their address for written correspondence is National Customer Contact Centre, PO Box 544, Rotherham, S60 1BY.
Securing your rod fishing licence for England and Wales has never been easier. By utilising the online platform, you can conveniently purchase a 1-day, 8-day, or 12-month licence, ensuring a seamless fishing experience. Remember to provide accurate information, especially if applying for a disabled licence or purchasing on behalf of someone else. If you encounter any issues, the Environment Agency is readily available to assist you. So, don’t wait any longer! Get your rod fishing licence today and embark on unforgettable angling adventures in the stunning waters of England and Wales.