Utilising the very best quality Japanese low resin 40t carbon and adding an attractive 1k weave.
Blanks are very slim, light but powerful aiding poor casters and the more capable alike. Since the tip diameter is very slim these actions are semi-fast with stiffer mid to butt sections – this makes the end of the top section lighter so aiding the recovery following the unloading of the blank during casting. This lack of tip bounce makes for more accurate cast and longer distances since friction is reduced. It also makes the tip ultra-responsive thus aiding fish playing.
Lowering the resin content combined with using the best quality Japanese carbons means the resin pockets are much smaller and better dispersed through the blank making it virtually immune to the softening process common in rods made with inferior carbons.
The blanks are finished in a 1k weave for the length of the rod and are precision ground to take weight out of the very tip since this carbon is heavier than the main blank material. As is usual with Free Spirit rods they don’t add any paint or lacquer and call this their ‘Perdurable’ finish making the rod look good for many years.
Complementing the blank material they fit a Hi-‘S’ Clone reel seat made from the same carbon as the rod and this transmits more feel through the blank to aid leading about and finding features or avoiding weed and debris.
For the Free Spirit Hi-S Black Edition Carp Rod (TB Special) 12ft 2.5lb – Abbreviated Handle see product code 23134.
Receive 5% discount when purchasing 2 rods or 10% discount when purchasing 3 or more rods. Please note the discount is applied when the rods are added to your cart.
- Ultra slim, extra high modulus, 40T low resin carbon blank.
- Perdurable blank finish.
- Blank Weighs 172g.
- Built rod weighs 286g.
- Abbreviated Handle.
- Handle Length 495mm.
- Hi-S Clone seat with a 1k weave.
- Blue isotope.
- Stainless steel collars.
- Shrink rubber/EVA hybrid butt grip.
- Stainless pointed butt cap.
- Free Spirit S-Lite RSL 3 leg guides.
- Ring sizes (mm): 40, 30, 20, 16, 12 and RSLBT 12mm tip guide.
- Metallic blue tipping in front of the reel seat and butt grip.
- Supplied in a rod sleeve.
- This rod can be customised to your requirements in our in store Rod Building Workshop – Please contact us for details.
rods his hi s hi-s