Utilising the ultra high modulus 40t low resin carbon the Hi-S’ Special and Barbel range are incredibly light for their given power. Designed to cope with the demanding needs of the modern specialist angler – these rods can be held all day if necessary.
The material used helps ‘transmit’ much more feel through the blank and the addition of the Free Spirit clone reel seat, made of the same material as the rod, further aids this sensation. Finished with the Free Spirit ‘Perdurable’ blank finish to keep them looking good for many years of faithful service.
The rods feature full cork ‘A’ grade handles and stainless steel fittings with ‘S’-Lite guides. The range has been designed to cope with all manner of fishing situations: The Hi-‘S’ Special 12ft SU (Stepped-Up) is actually a heavier version of the 11ft hence the name. Having more power in the butt to middle makes it capable of heavier work than the Small Water – being suitable to Tench or Bream Feeder fishing or float work for big specimens.
Receive 5% discount when purchasing 2 rods or 10% discount when purchasing 3 or more rods. Please note the discount is applied when the rods are added to your cart.
- 40T low resin carbon.
- Perdurable blank finish.
- Built rod weighs approximately 136g.
- 18mm 1k Clone reel seat with Blue isotope fitted.
- Stainless steel reel seat collars.
- Free Spirit stainless pointed butt cap.
- Full cork handle.
- Handle Length 450mm.
- Free Spirit S-Lite 3-leg rings on butt section and single leg rings on tip section.
- 10 rings total – RSL Double leg rings 25,20mm on butt section – RSLS single leg rings on tip 16,16,12,12,10,8,8 – RSLT 8mm tip ring.
- Logo tipped in metallic Blue.
- Supplied in Nylon rod bag.
- This rod can be customised to your requirements in our in store Rod Building Workshop – Please contact us for details.
rods specialist barbel chub bream tench roach rods his hi s hi-s