These Spod rods are made from the same Low Resin 36t Carbon with a 3k weave throughout like the ‘S’ Range of rods and with the ‘Perdurable’ blank finish.
Using such a high quality carbon makes the rod lighter to use and aids accuracy at all ranges and the low resin content means the action is preserved for much longer despite the continual overloading of the blank caused by the use of large spods and Spombs.
As with all Free Spirit rods they are built on the spine which helps ensure they cast more accurately and last longer.br>Finished with a Clone reel seat in 3k, stainless steel collars and butt cap and shrink rubber / EVA butt grip and ‘S’-Lite guides, these rods come in two models of 12ft with test curves of 4lb and 5lb.
The ‘S’ Range Spod Rod SU is the big brother of these two being rated at 5lb. This is the rod when big spods and the like are required to put a mass of bait out quickly. It also suits fishing at extreme ranges and is very powerful in the butt to middle section making it less suitable for distances under 60 yards.
Receive 5% discount when purchasing 2 rods or 10% discount when purchasing 3 or more rods. Please note the discount is applied when the rods are added to your cart.
- Built rod weight 439g.
- 36T low resin carbon blank
- Perdurable blank finish
- Blank weight 301g
- Carbon 3K Clone reel seat – with a weave to match the look of the blank and has a green betalight fitted in the top
- Stainless steel reel seat collars and butt cap
- Abbreviated handle
- Shrink rubber/EVA hybrid butt grip
- S-Lite 3-leg rings
- Ring sizes (mm): 50, 40, 30, 20, 16, to 16mm tip ring
- Discreet logo
- Supplied in nylon bag
- This rod can be customised to your requirements in our in store Rod Building Workshop – Please contact us for details.