The SGR Spod and Marker rods are both complex and futuristic in design. The resin matrix is reinforced with Graphene to achieve strength and lightness never before seen in any fishing rod of any description, Autoclaved to resist test curve decay and aided by advances in anti twist design to ensure the directional control and accuracy of the SGR Marker and Spod package.
The diameter of the SGR Spod just above the reel seat is 17mm. The SGR Spod has a powerful butt section which helps ensure both ease of use and peace of mind with any mid size or large bait rockets, spods or Spombs when delivering bait at range. Through testing century recommend a well loaded midi size Spomb for optimum overall distance and effective bait delivery at longer ranges. The repetitive and often physically demanding nature of delivering large beds of bait at range dictates that the substantial weight reduction that this rod possesses to be nothing short of essential to any successful carp angler, leaving Century confident in the knowledge that anglers will appreciate this unmatched overall weight saving benefit compared to any other spod rod currently available on the market.
Following on from the highly regarded Century 13ft C2-D Spod and Marker rod options these latest high performance, premium application rods are designed to complement the SGR carp rod ranges in both looks and performance in the ever popular 12ft length. As carp anglers, when fishing at long range we need application rods which are capable of performing at an equal level to our regular fishing rods with specific attention placed on producing comparable feel and action throughout to minimalise the need for constant adaptations in casting technique from rod to rod.
- Anti-Twist Technology (Gen 2) for accuracy, reduced line frap and assists in achieving distance with less effort.
- Graphene enhanced resin system – for lighter blank while still providing strength and toughness.
- Composite compound carbon tapers generated though a complex multi carbon fibre pattern architecture.
- Autoclave Technology for long life performance retention.
- 1k-1k carbon weave to top of tip.
- Titanium Stealth SiC guides.
- Discrete gunmetal grey tippings and black main guide whippings.
- Custom ALPS Black reel seat with laser engraved Stealth logos.
- Sealed with custom PTFE/silicone low scratch finish.
- Manufacturing pedigree immersed in World Record casting and Aerospace/Motorsport carbon composite technology.
- Blank and Rod designed and manufactured in United Kingdom.